|[image: candles in the dark]|
On-line Winter Solstice Singing starts in early October!
Sign up here:
Starting on the first Sunday in October, I'll be hosting on-line song-learning sessions / rehearsals for an on-line Winter Solstice Celebration (a presentation of A Winter Solstice Singing Ritual).
There will be regular sessions from October to December that build on each other, leading up to the Celebration on 18th December.
You are invited to participate in the Winter Solstice Celebration whether you sing or not -- but if you'd like to learn the songs in advance, including harmonies, please sign up!
You also do not need to commit to the Celebration to come learn songs. Maybe you just want to come learn songs and sing! (You can also decide later.)
We will meet once a week. If needed or preferred, I will record rehearsals for those who can't join us live and for anyone who wants to go back over the rehearsal during the week; these will be shared privately. There will also be a variety of learning resources available between sessions for your work on your own.
Everyone is welcome, regardless of experience singing or ability to read music. There are easier pieces and more challenging pieces -- a little something for everyone.
== Song-learning sessions ==
...will run on Sundays from 3rd October through 12th December, each week building on the week before.
We'll cover the sing-along songs, of course, including harmonies, but also the "performance" songs as well. (If you'd like more information on the specific songs, please go to https://bit.ly/WinterSolsticeCelebrations and click on "Songs.")
* Song-learning sessions will run from 7-9 pm Edinburgh/UK time, and are open to anyone, regardless of geographic location.
* You can check what time that is for you here:https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html.
* You don't need a copy of the book or CD in order to participate, although they're helpful to have. More on that below.
== Schedule: ==
* Song-learning sessions/rehearsals Sundays, 3rd October - 5th December, 7-9 pm Edinburgh/UK time; not sure yet about 28th November
* Complete read-through and sing-through, Sunday, 12th December, 7-9 pm UK time
* Winter Solstice Celebration, Saturday, 18th December, 7-9 pm Edinburgh/UK time
== Copies of the book and CD ==
You do not need to own a copy of this in advance, but the book contains all the sheet music, and the CD contains full recordings of all 15 pieces, as well as teaching tracks for 8 (as well as the text for the full Celebration), so it's very, very useful.
If you live in Europe and would like a copy for £14 + postage, you can get one from me.
If you live in the US and want a copy, the person to contact is my co-author Julie Forest Middleton; I can put you in touch.
== How do I know without knowing more about the music itself? ==
The songs are a mix of rounds, well-known songs, spirituals, feminist spirituality chants and Pagan chants, and a couple of choral pieces.
There's detailed information about every song at https://bit.ly/WinterSolsticeCelebrations; click on "Songs."
I'm looking forward to singing with people from a wide range of places in the Northern Hemisphere!
== Open to people of all genders ==
Both the choir and the Celebration are open to people of all genders. Transgender, non-binary, genderqueer, and agender people are explicitly welcome.
* The music I have is written mostly in treble clef and is labeled for sopranos and altos, but I've worked with tenors and basses in addition for several years, and these pieces adapt well for lower voices as well. I teach "Line 1," "Line 2," "Line 3," etc.
* Anyone can sing any part that works for their voice on any song. You might sing one line for one piece, and a different line on another. You can also choose to sing the same line on all the songs if that's what works for you. We have lots of flexibility.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.
If you'd like to sign up for the song-learning sessions, please click here:
Please share widely!
|cover of A Winter Solstice Singing Ritual book|