Monday, August 18, 2008

The Full Moon and Western Pines

Our new apartment is very close to a lovely park -- the Washington Park Arboretum. Beloved Wife discovered it during a run the other morning. That night, when I was tired and out of sorts and overwhelmed by unpacking, she insisted I walk over there with her, knowing it would help me breathe, and ground, and center. It was lovely.

The following night was the Full Moon. We walked over together just before turning in for the night, and sat at the top of a little hill, on a bench, surrounded by all sorts of western pines in the pine grove, and watched the full moon through the branches. It was lovely.

What a happy blessing for the first week in our new home.

2 comments:

Avonlea said...

That sounds so lovely! I'm glad to hear that your new home is so close to such a great park.

staśa said...

Yes, it makes me really happy! I'm looking forward to walks as part of my regular spiritual practice. :)