Monday, February 22, 2010

Quakers who've read Greer's A World Full of Gods?

I am currently reading John Michael Greer's A World Full of Gods for a class I'm taking, and I would love to hear from other Quakers who've read this. I hope to post in more detail later, but one reason is because I found myself thinking his description of many Gods who are part of a unity sounded a lot like... Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business. If you've read this, especially chapter 7, what are your thoughts?

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Hadn't heard of it - most of what I've read on polytheism was the Jungian/archetypal sort (esp. James Hillman). The other connection for me is William James's _Varieties_ where he makes the case for pluralism in belief - even the beliefs in one head. I'll look forward to your thoughts on this book!