The Mid-Winter Gathering of FLGBTQC (Friends for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Concerns) is Presidents' Day Weekend, February 15-18 of 2013, in Honesdale, PA (the Poconos): http://flgbtqc.quaker.org/gatherings.html. I hope to go.
I also hope to come early, stay late, or both, so I can do some visiting and also facilitate some workshops, do some one-on-one sessions, do some dancing, etc.
So, I am putting this out now:
If you are interested in bringing me to your community -- spiritual or secular, Quaker, Pagan, Jewish, Unitarian Universalist, multi-faith, musical, or some other kind -- in February 2013, let's make plans now.
You don't have to be on the East Coast; I'm particularly looking for a gig in the Berkeley, CA area, and really, I'm willing to travel anywhere.
For workshops, I would need travel expenses within the US and Canada, and places to stay (mold-free and relatively dust-free). I would also welcome stipends.
I am interested in (and have experience) facilitating workshops on anything from and to:
- Singing the Goddess: singing workshops, with music particularly from the Goddess/Earth/feminist spirituality movements
- Theaological diversity and community building
- Explicit Friends: community-building among Friends who experience the Divine in particular ways (can be adapted to other communities)
- Goddess spirituality and magic
- Sacred handwork: handwork as ministry and handwork as magic (craft techniques such as crochet, knitting, beading, basket-making, tatting, macrame, and more -- you name it)
- Energy work and energy healing, as trained by John Calvi
- For Pagan Quakers and Quaker Pagans
- Winter Solstice Celebrations in your community based on A Winter Solstice Singing Ritual (I admit, this is not real popular in February)
- Meeting for Worship for Healing
- Developing a workshop or retreat specifically for your community
No group is too small; I don't know yet if any group is too large. In larger workshops, it's harder to do intimate work, but we do break into smaller groups; in really small workshops, it's harder to do work that requires a certain energy of activation or number of people.
I also offer one-on-one sessions in spiritual mentoring and energy work. And I'd be really happy for opportunities to teach Scottish country dance and call English country dance.
For more information, please see these pages on my website:
- "About/Services" at http://stasa.net/about
- "Workshops & Retreats" at http://stasa.net/workshops-retreats
So, think about it, and get in touch if you know or think you might be interested.