bread & roses spiritual nurture and Reclaiming Scotia are co-sponsoring a singing workshop which I am facilitating in October or November.
I would like to schedule it for when the greatest number of people who are are interested can make it. The proposed dates are Saturday afternoons in October or November, except for two dates where I have conflicts.
I need to make the booking for the hall by Monday at the latest. So if you live within reach of Edinburgh for a Saturday and are interested, please let me know which dates will work for you, or are particularly good or bad for you.
Workshop description draft:
bread & roses spiritual nurture and Reclaiming Scotia invite you to a 3-hour workshop with songs ranging from simple chants and rounds to more complicated pieces, drawn mostly from the Earth spirituality movement and the feminist spirituality movement. Come as you are, whether or not you think of yourself as a singer! No music-reading needed. All genders welcome. [TIME, DATE, MORE INFO.]
Edinburgh Solstice Singers -- forming now
I am now forming the Edinburgh Solstice Singers, to sing in the December Winter Solstice Celebrations in Edinburgh.
We meet once a week for song-learning sessions / rehearsals.
- We are a non-audition ensemble.
- You do not need to read music, although if you do, that can be helpful.
- All genders and voice ranges are welcome.
- Our music is written for sopranos and altos; we can make adjustments for tenors and basses. (I am willing to work with tenors and basses if you are willing to work with my inexperience with those voice ranges.)
- There are no dues, but there may be a small charge for room hire for rehearsals.
If you are curious about or interested in joining, please contact me. More information at http://stasa.net/winter-solstice -- particularly the links for Edinburgh 2012 and Edinburgh Solstice Singers.
Come sing with us!