Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I know I need to write about...

I know I need to write about the violence in Israel-Palestine; my experience doing peace witness there; white skin/Western privilege; Tristan Anderson's shooting last week; Tom Hurndall's shooting in 2003 (and death in 2004); and this week's anniversary of Rachel Corrie's murder, also in 2003.

But right now, I am too damned angry.

Please hold us all in the Light.

Resources:
Christian Peacemaker Teams, http://cpt.org/
The International Solidarity Movement, http://palsolidarity.org/

2 comments:

batTzedek said...

yes to the anger being so overwhelming. I spent Monday working on poem linking Rachel's death to mountain top removal, since Caterpillar profits hugely from both crime scenes. It helped, but is always so not enough.

sta┼Ťa said...

Yes.

CPT has done some really good protest work at Caterpillar. Good public awareness work.

I saw a picture of a sign from one of the protests: "Tristan Anderson was shot by a bullet paid for by his parents' tax dollars." I wish, I wish, I wish more Americans realized why this isn't simply something that's happening halfway across the world, rather than our own backyard. I know I didn't realize that, until I followed the money.

Thanks for your comment, dear friend.

Shalom, salaam, peace...